Skip to main content

Faith to Move Mountains (intro)

When's the last time you watched someone wither a tree before your eyes?  How about sheer the top of a mountain off and send it hurling into the sea?  Never?  Me neither.  Yet the Christian life demands that we walk by faith.

My goal is simple.  Over the next weeks or months I am beginning an in-depth study on faith to deepen my "faith".  Why?  I want to move mountains.  Because when you have it, you please God.  The men and women that do the greatest things for God are the ones that have the greatest faith in God.  Finally, I don't want to waste my life.

I plan to post excerpts from my study here and it is my hope and prayer that you will take this journey with me.  I will be answering three major questions:
1) What is it?
2) Who had it? (Biblical Examples)
3) How do I get it and what do I do with it? (Practical Life Applications)


Oh, be careful what you ask for.  If you are serious about studying faith, your faith will probably be tested.  I just began this study this week and I have been praying for faith.  Just yesterday, my hours were cut at work...

Ready to move mountains?  Let's go!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Ted Williams

Spiritual Influencers

According to the Nashville Film Institute’s website ( www.nfi.edu ) top influencers can earn anywhere from $40,000 a year with a modest following to celebrity influences that can earn over a million dollars per post .  They yield a persuasive power over their followers to redirect focus and entice the follower to buy or believe in whatever they are promoting.  Most of us have some realm of influence.  It may be family, friends, co-workers, social media, church, sports, online, etc.  As we emerge from the COVID Cocoon, we need to be “spiritual influencers”.  Imagine how many of us have suffered loss during COVID.  Do you know how many people are battling depression?  How many are struggling to pay their sky-rocketing rent?  There is real pain, real suffering and a serious lack of HOPE all around.  People are desperate for hope, help and genuine love.  They are ready to buy into anything that an influencer will peddle.  Envision a hos...

Hebrew of Hebrews

My journey this week has led me to the book of Hebrews.  Quick, tell me a few key points about Hebrews?  Having trouble?  Maybe you said "faith", chapter 11 is famous for the Heroes of Faith and we get two very familiar verses, "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."  (Here it is in the Message: "The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see.")  The other is verse 6, "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him."  Clearly, faith is a key point of Hebrews.   I think I can safely say that "faith" is the biggest part of my journey right now.  Not that I have mastered it, but that my journey demands it, whether I heed or not.  It is like God saying to Abraham, ...