Skip to main content

Faith to Move Mountains (intro)

When's the last time you watched someone wither a tree before your eyes?  How about sheer the top of a mountain off and send it hurling into the sea?  Never?  Me neither.  Yet the Christian life demands that we walk by faith.

My goal is simple.  Over the next weeks or months I am beginning an in-depth study on faith to deepen my "faith".  Why?  I want to move mountains.  Because when you have it, you please God.  The men and women that do the greatest things for God are the ones that have the greatest faith in God.  Finally, I don't want to waste my life.

I plan to post excerpts from my study here and it is my hope and prayer that you will take this journey with me.  I will be answering three major questions:
1) What is it?
2) Who had it? (Biblical Examples)
3) How do I get it and what do I do with it? (Practical Life Applications)


Oh, be careful what you ask for.  If you are serious about studying faith, your faith will probably be tested.  I just began this study this week and I have been praying for faith.  Just yesterday, my hours were cut at work...

Ready to move mountains?  Let's go!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Could Turn Back Time for 13 Seconds

     In the Star Trek parody Galaxy Quest , they had a device called the Omega-13 that could turn back time for 13 seconds.  What good is 13 seconds you ask?  It’s enough time to change one mistake.  As you might guess, they had a chance to use it and redeem a life altering oversight.          I often wish that my future self could come back and talk to my present self.   Imagine the mistakes I could avoid.   How often do we say to ourselves, “I wish I hadn’t done that” or “I wish I had done…”   Lately I have been trying to work out in the mornings.   It sounds great the night before, but when that alarm goes off, I only have about 3 seconds to thrust my feet over the side of the bed before I tell Alexa to wake me up in an hour.        Since the Omega-13 device only lives in Hollywood, it seems to me I need to make the right decisions at the right time.  Here’s a couple of things that I have found helpful. Have a plan a.      I know that if I don’t sit up on the edge of bed when

Spiritual Influencers

According to the Nashville Film Institute’s website ( www.nfi.edu ) top influencers can earn anywhere from $40,000 a year with a modest following to celebrity influences that can earn over a million dollars per post .  They yield a persuasive power over their followers to redirect focus and entice the follower to buy or believe in whatever they are promoting.  Most of us have some realm of influence.  It may be family, friends, co-workers, social media, church, sports, online, etc.  As we emerge from the COVID Cocoon, we need to be “spiritual influencers”.  Imagine how many of us have suffered loss during COVID.  Do you know how many people are battling depression?  How many are struggling to pay their sky-rocketing rent?  There is real pain, real suffering and a serious lack of HOPE all around.  People are desperate for hope, help and genuine love.  They are ready to buy into anything that an influencer will peddle.  Envision a host of people intentional about spiritual influencing? 

We Should All Smile Like That

  I just finished watching a YouTube video featuring an aged Peter Frampton and Eric Clapton.  Frampton and Clapton were playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".  I couldn't get over the joy on Frampton's face as he was playing.  He loved what he was doing.  He loved playing with Eric Clapton.  He loved making the audience "gently weep".  And he loved everything about it. He was taking in every second and appreciating for what it was, a once in a lifetime moment to play with Eric Clapton.  It was a perfect blending and appreciation for each other and their impact to the world of music.  I didn't sense any egos, just radiant joy.  It was impossible to not smile as you watched Peter play, even Clapton smiled (a rare moment).  Peter's joy was infectious.  As I watched his contagious joy doing what he loves, I wondered if I still exude joy for my passions? What are you passionate about?  What brings you joy?  Pursue those things with all your heart, soul